Railroad Forums 

• BNSF Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#909889  by westex33

Thanks for the replies. I just had basic blood work done last week. So, I'll get a copy of that and that physical, then schedule a sleep study. Then I'll see the dr and get him to write me a letter if he feels I am healthy enough for the job. I hope this all works out. I really want this jOb!
 #910044  by jz441

That's great news... I knew that they will hire you with your background. :-D
Changing careers is not an easy thing when you are already established and set in your ways. Feel free to call me at any time and we can talk more.
 #910670  by jz441

cr8tive1 wrote: I seek another dose of reality regarding the actual hours and lifestyle, when time permits (hopefully, you recall our conversation).
Here is the reality... Being on call 24/7, working nights, weekends, holidays, exposed to outdoor elements, lack of seniority.
 #911565  by TKCE11

Hello everybody,

I am new to this site and I start work for BNSF on Monday as a conductor trainee. Just looking for anyone's advice they might have on how things work the first day and what all I could expect. Just what to wear and how training will go. I am up here in the PNW if that helps. Thanks in adcvance and your help will be greatly appreciated.
 #912353  by recklessendangerment

I had to do all of this myself recently and it looks like it was worth it.

Tested and Interviewed back in december and they let me know that they needed a Sleep Study, Bloodwork and Hip/Waist measurements.

Was so Glad I'm a Vet and got the VA to pay for the sleep study (It was going to cost around $2600) even though it took like a month and a half wait to get. Did the study, got the bloodwork done and sent it all in along with measurements from the YMCA. About 2 days later I got an email from BNSF medical saying they would qualify me and got my Final offer letter about 2 days after that.

So now since I missed my original class I was supposed to be in I'll be starting with the one they have going April 18th.
 #913147  by rager6

i have taken all physicals, strength tests eye tests etc, got e-mail on friday that said i was medically cleared..... anyone have any idea how much longer? will they call or send an e-mail with start date?
 #913151  by rager6

Good afternoon, I am in the process of going to work as Track maintenance, I have recieved e-mail that says i meet the medical standards and completed all necessary steps. Got e-mail a couple of days ago. Anyone else in this process, or been through it? I just wonder when I will recieve notice when I will start.
 #913293  by bmf50bmg

rager6,
What area are you hiring out of? I'm just waiting to do my strength test and then waiting some more.
 #913329  by jz441

There is no time frame. Railroad has a projected start date for your class, but that can always change based on circumstances like... waiting on peoples background checks, medicals... etc. I remember last year, an entire class was canceled and rescheduled since large number of candidates failed the background check or drug test.
 #915768  by bdj

Anyone have any idea when the next Conductor class starts in Temple, TX?
 #916071  by Hotrod49

In the hiring process for cleburne Tx track welder interviewed on 01/25/11 in Waco Tx i did all the tests and background stuff i got a e-mail on 03/16/11 saying i meet the medical standards for the job but still waiting ????
 #916230  by kyleb04

I JUST HAVE A QUESTION? I GOT A CONDITIONAL OFFER FOR CONDUCTOR TRAINEE PRIMARY RECALL POSITION IN KC. I GOT A CALL FOR VERIFICATIONS INC. SAYING THAT ONE OF MY PAST EMPLOYERS (DATES THAT I WORKED FOR THEM) WERE NOT MATCHING. WILL THIS LIMIT MY CHANCES OF GETTING A FINAL NOTICE OF EMPLOYMENT? IM JUST REALLY WORRIED AND WANTED TO SEEK SOME ANSWERS? THANKS EVERYONE!!!