Railroad Forums 

• Looking for photos of old L&HR steam engines

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

#66131  by BSOR Patarak

I am trying to locate a picture of the Lehigh & Hudson River steamer #17, renumbered to the second #3 around 1901. It was Cooke #2089 built in 1892, a 4-6-0. This engine became Arcade & Attica #3, bought through a Chicago Broker in 1917 and was scrapped in 1923.

Anyone know of any out there?

Thanks,
Patrick Connors
A&A Railroad Research

#66241  by David

Pat--You might want to keep checking E-bay from time to time. I see lots of L&HR pictures on there. Many are postcards.

#66458  by Greg

David is correct, there is a gentleman from Florham Park that has pictures of almost every L&HR loco. He lists many loco pics on ebay and if you ask him he can give youa complete list, I will try to locate his screen name for you.
 #67366  by Marty Feldner

Patrick-

Thanks for the 'memory jog'- been meaning to get this out to you for a while.

I've finally started digitizing some of my copy negative archives, and found this one. Date and location unknown, but it is the 17 as the 17, complete with big square oil headlight and posing crew. The passenger cars look to be from the first series, bought in about 1880. Also note the link-and-pin pilot coupler...

I've been following Ebay for L&HR items for more than six years. If the seller that Greg is referring to is Paladin (at) ime.net, he doesn't appear to have anything earlier than what was on the active roster in the thirties and forties. A good collection, but nothing of the early power.

I don't recall ever having seen this particular shot in print before (with the possible exception of the special railroad centennial edition of the local Warwick newspapers some 44 years ago; I'd have to dig out and look through my copies).

#68092  by BSOR Patarak

What a great photo Marty! Thanks for the post.

I'm still interested in obtaining hard copies of the other #3's that you've got.

#68845  by Marty Feldner

I checked my neg logs; this one is listed as Greycourt. (No date listed, but given the crew posing alongside the engine and train, and the as-built configuration, I'd say the engine was fairly new; built in 1882, that would put the photo in either '82 or '83.)

Patrick- contact me off-list (my email is in my profile here; it's the same one I had three years ago.)