Railroad Forums 

• Need help finding out about Michigan Central Roundhouse

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#835997  by Arma

Hey guys. I'm here on this forum on the hopes of finding out about a certain roundhouse for my father. My father had worked for the railroad for 50 years and has always been an avid fan of trains and their history. The roundhouse in question is the Michigan Central Roundhouse that existed on Vernor and Livernois in Detroit. I've searched all over Google in the hopes of finding it, but to my great disappointment found nothing. So I turn to you guys, fellow railroaders/fans, in the hopes that maybe some of you have some old pictures of the roundhouse that you could scan or something, or know of a link to it on the Internet. I'd be very appreciated for anyones' help on this matter!

Thanks,

Porthana
 #837034  by 3rd out nuthin comin

Are you trying to find the location of the West Detroit roundhouse on Google, or links to sites with information?

If you're trying to find the location, it was at 42°19'17.59N by 83°07'06.08W. If you're looking at a map, and you're looking near Vernor and Livernois, go north a little bit; the roundhouse was closer to John Kronk than to Vernor.

I'm afraid I'm of no help on links.

Todd Roberts
 #837077  by Roger Hensley