Railroad Forums 

• Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#711736  by styckx

My second 2009 trip to Strasburg! Took a ton of photos. Enjoy!

You may notice some jaggy's in some of these photos. I'm on an aircard at the Caboose Motel and used a batch resizer after developing my RAW photos. I forgot to check an option so this wouldn't happen. It's not bad, but meh. There was no way I was uploading 30+ 4mb jpegs on an aircard :)

Yes, #4935 is back indoors!!!

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/s ... sburg%202/
 #716646  by trainspot

I was there yesterday (9/13), and it looked like there was a new arrival, a former B&O passenger car, the paint was pretty rough looking. I didn't take a photo.
Anyone know about it, and its history? Thanks!
 #719444  by Otto Vondrak

styckx wrote:My second 2009 trip to Strasburg! Took a ton of photos. Enjoy!

You may notice some jaggy's in some of these photos. I'm on an aircard at the Caboose Motel and used a batch resizer after developing my RAW photos. I forgot to check an option so this wouldn't happen. It's not bad, but meh. There was no way I was uploading 30+ 4mb jpegs on an aircard :)

Yes, #4935 is back indoors!!!

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/s ... sburg%202/

Can't see your photos, asking me for a password?
 #837741  by Tom6921

I was at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania a few weeks ago. I've been thinking of the E-7 and the story on how it escaped the scrapper. I wonder how much work would it take to get the unit operational? I know its on display at the far end of the indoor building.
 #837911  by Otto Vondrak

Tom6921 wrote:I was at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania a few weeks ago. I've been thinking of the E-7 and the story on how it escaped the scrapper. I wonder how much work would it take to get the unit operational?
Who would pay for the restoration? Where would the work be done? Where would this unit operate?
 #871919  by daylight4449

Otto Vondrak wrote:
Tom6921 wrote:I was at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania a few weeks ago. I've been thinking of the E-7 and the story on how it escaped the scrapper. I wonder how much work would it take to get the unit operational?
Who would pay for the restoration? Where would the work be done? Where would this unit operate?
you know, i did email them yesterday about the E7. maybe they could use any extra money brought in by excursions she could haul to restore more of the locomotives, and maybe defray the costs of 460? anywho, i'm guessing that they're restoring 460 to operation, just based on the numbers i'm seeing on it's restoration. am i right, or is it a major cosmetic restoration?
 #872077  by chuchubob

daylight4449 wrote: ... i'm guessing that they're restoring 460 to operation, just based on the numbers i'm seeing on it's restoration. am i right, or is it a major cosmetic restoration?
cosmetic
 #872276  by daylight4449

chuchubob wrote:
daylight4449 wrote: ... i'm guessing that they're restoring 460 to operation, just based on the numbers i'm seeing on it's restoration. am i right, or is it a major cosmetic restoration?
cosmetic
well, that's one really good cosmetic restoration. really good. i'm guessing once they're done, they'll just need new boiler stuff for her to get her running?