Railroad Forums 

• Bound Brook NJ

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#673171  by ItaliDe

Hi, I'm placing this in this section, even though it's NS and CSX... The line is still considered Conrail. But Bound Brook NJ is a great spot to watch train sin New Jersey. I'm looking for info on trains that run thru here ( Freight Only) I don't watch the NJT on the other side. I'm interested in a schedule of freights that pass thru for both railroads.. The Bullsheet seems to be a little off in times.. But I dont even know what train spass thru.. Once I get the train symbols I can then look up their times... But then again, the Bullsheet doesn't list Bound Brook as a location.

Any info on this line would be great.. Anyone fan there regulary?
 #673488  by BuddSilverliner269

ItaliDe wrote:Hi, I'm placing this in this section, even though it's NS and CSX... The line is still considered Conrail. But Bound Brook NJ is a great spot to watch train sin New Jersey. I'm looking for info on trains that run thru here ( Freight Only) I don't watch the NJT on the other side. I'm interested in a schedule of freights that pass thru for both railroads.. The Bullsheet seems to be a little off in times.. But I dont even know what train spass thru.. Once I get the train symbols I can then look up their times... But then again, the Bullsheet doesn't list Bound Brook as a location.

Any info on this line would be great.. Anyone fan there regulary?
Ive gone to Bound Brook many times with a cup of coffee and just sit and enjoy the show. I dont ever go with schedules. I do carry a portable scanner just so I know what trains just passed by. I wouldnt worry about not having a schedule. Just show up. YOur guaranteed to see trains. Enjoy :-D
 #673535  by ItaliDe

whats the road freq. for CSX and NS over there? I gotta get me a hand held... I have a nice unit in my car, but as you know, you can't get a car close enough to the tracks to listen... The plat form is great! I know the Juice Train ( empties) head south at about 22:45.... othern than that I don't know what CSX or NS trains are thru there.....Oh! I know Q410 and Q409 pass thru there and swing past Oak Island Yard as they get on the Riverline to Selkirk NY...... This is all I know so far.....
 #673944  by Kaback9

ItaliDe,

Try Manville when looking up locations, its very close to Bound Brook. I also suggest picking up a scanner. If you need more info feel free to private message me.
 #673952  by painterman

I go to Manville - Park on South Street on the grass next to the Lehigh Line across from the VFW hall. It's a big clear area - great for photos.

You're not going to get any CSX here or NJT - just NS.

http://maps.live.com/?v=2&ss=ypid.YN590 ... &encType=1

Here's some of the pics I've taken from this location.

http://rfarrell1969.rrpicturearchives.n ... x?id=91895
 #674025  by ItaliDe

Nice Shots... Cool water tower!!!! Thats a 1920 style tin man water tower...! ( Another interest of mine)

Anyone have an idea of what the busiest time is on this line? Was at BB last nite from 8 to 11 and saw only 3 trains.. NS mixed, NS ethinol, and a CSX garbage train...
 #674052  by Kaback9

The line is very busy after dark and early morning.
 #674064  by painterman

I've been at my spot in Manville this morning since 7:30am. Caught the westbound mail train (21m) and an eastbound mail train (lots of ups and jb hunt trailers) but i dont know what train id it was. Didnt hear them on the scanner.

Bound brook is great for watching - but bad for photos as the sun is behind the trains.
Manville.- sun is at your back - so better pics.

I really like hillside for taking pics - ns/csx/njt - and even got pics of a CN train there. Just not too safe of an area. I go in the morning - and leave before 10:30 before all the crazies wake up.
 #674091  by Kaback9

Rob if you were over by the CSX you could expect Q300 and Q190 they are regulars in the morning on the Lehigh line from Bound Brook to Newark and of course they can be seen on the Trenton Line. Also 18G should be through relatively soon to the time of this posting its coming on the Lehigh from Allentown.
 #674161  by Kaback9

Yes Otto I started it after taking a long hiatus from going to Bound Brook and was curious as to how things were before heading back there, we also have a seen on the Lehigh Line thread which may be more useful as train symbols are kept in there along with the motive power when its updated.
 #674177  by kilroy

eastbound mail train (lots of ups and jb hunt trailers) but i dont know what train id it was.
NS train 212
 #674227  by ItaliDe

its a nice nite out. Anyone gonna be up at BB tonight? A few of us will be out there ... hopefully we'll see some action.