Railroad Forums 

• Altamont Press Timetables

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#635570  by transit man

Does anyone out there know if Altamont Press Timetables can be purchased over the counter at hobby shops etc. I plan to be in the Bay Area and LA Metropolitan area in 10 days and would like to purchase the latest versions. Any assistance is appreciated. :-)
 #636737  by Otto Vondrak

transit man wrote:Does anyone out there know if Altamont Press Timetables can be purchased over the counter at hobby shops etc. I plan to be in the Bay Area and LA Metropolitan area in 10 days and would like to purchase the latest versions. Any assistance is appreciated. :-)
Which hobby shops do you plan on visiting? Give them a call and see if they have em in stock...
 #637336  by ExCon90

McMillan Publications, in Golden, CO handles the Altamont Press timetables (they have an 800 number, but I don't have it handy--they advertise in Trains, etc.). I have found them very prompt in getting things out in the mail--if you call and let him know you need it right away you should be able to get it in time.

ExCon90
 #637655  by Otto Vondrak

ExCon90 wrote:McMillan Publications, in Golden, CO handles the Altamont Press timetables...
Here's their web site:

http://www.mcmillanpublications.com/default.htm
 #658455  by railohio

I know they can be purchased at hobby shops, I saw them up at The Hobby Smith in Portland a few weeks ago. Your best bet is to call around to hobby stores in the Bay Area or contact the publisher for a list of retail outlets.