Railroad Forums 

• Painting a VIA Rail P42

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#632240  by buddah

RailfanQC wrote:Hi!
I want to paint a P42DC in VIA Rennaissance paint scheme. But, I don't know who sell that paint?
Thank you!
If your in Ontario.....Georges trains in Toronto. Specifically call or go to there Markham Ontario store location, Ask for Dan. I bugged them for years to get it and they did in 2008. I painted some HO scale P42 with it. Just tell him Mark from Chicago sent you, for the best deal, Im sure they will be willing to ship you a bottle or two :wink:
 #632295  by Ken V

Note:This topic was moved from the VIA Rail forum.

I don't know if this is the paint you're referring to but I've heard that Testors Model Master series CheZoom Teal Pearl is a good match: Image. But I'm not a modeler so I'm no expert on this.
 #632827  by Dieter

I think the "QC" in the ID is a hint; Are you in Quebec, or like most people who aren't, would RATHER BE :wink: ? If you give us a general idea of your location, we can help pinpoint the right place for you to go or whom to contact by phone or E-Mail. If you're around Montreal, there are multiple places that can assist. If you're North and East of Sorel, you're likely going to need to do it "Remotely".

D/
 #632857  by keeper1616

Well, the location in his profile says Terrebonne, QC, which is kinda close to Montreal.
 #632879  by Dieter

Keeper, I never woulda thunk that, because I never put my Home 20 in these things for fear of a Foamer coming through the trainroom wall at me. THANKS!

RailfanQC, so you're right up north off of Laval? I put your question to a "West Islander" MMR, let's see what he comes up with. BIENVENUE et EN VOITURE!

D/
 #633113  by Montrealrail

He's one of my friends,on my side,I live in Montreal,near Verdun

on my side,I'm on the projet to do the 6400
Just today,I was lucky,a great time to photographying this locomotive,It' passing by at Courcelles Xing,on the Montreal sub PM 3:72,the 6400,pulling another F40,on dead engine,coulnd be the 6444

on of my work,and it not finished,still get the raod numers and ditch light on the bottom..

and finally,I'm searching witch kind of coach car I should buy,to do the Glen Fraser car,from Via
 #633212  by RailfanQC

Thank you every body for your answers. Ok, I confirm that I'm living near Laval (in north). I know the Van Horn Hobby shop (laval), Udisco (Montreal, on Decarie blvd) and Hobby Jonction (Dorval). Yesterday, I went to Home Depot, and try to have a mixed color in spray. They can't do it! So, I don't know where the renaissance paint scheme can be.

RailfanQC is my nickname in the world of Railfans. I have a website (in french) with some pictures of differents models like P42DC, F40PH-2, ES44AC, ES44DC, etc etc. The link is here ----> http://www.railfanqc.com

Have a nice visit, and I'm going to Hobby Jonction this morning to check for the paint! :wink:
 #633280  by Montrealrail

Thank you astrosa for this tip..

I could ordering this Rapido's car,already in Via' Grey type,that will save a lot of works..

In will be already to do my 6400 locomotive :wink:
 #634570  by Dieter

From a local guru;

"Terrebonne QC the closest hobby store I'm familiar with would be Van Horne Hobby on St-Martin Est in eastern Laval. It's a hole in the wall, hard to find. Right beside a Toyota dealership on the north side of the street just east of Boul des Laurentides. Hobby Junction on Cardinal in Dorval might have more in decals/paint.

Canadian Express [email protected] Phone/Fax: 613 475 5753 Absolutely fantastic - a bit slow to respond but real decent guy and good prices. If there is a Genesis in VIA Ren colours available he'll have it......plus all the paints etc.... Hope this helps"

Dieter/
 #634877  by Montrealrail

Dieter wrote:From a local guru;

"Terrebonne QC the closest hobby store I'm familiar with would be Van Horne Hobby on St-Martin Est in eastern Laval. It's a hole in the wall, hard to find. Right beside a Toyota dealership on the north side of the street just east of Boul des Laurentides. Hobby Junction on Cardinal in Dorval might have more in decals/paint.

Canadian Express [email protected] Phone/Fax: 613 475 5753 Absolutely fantastic - a bit slow to respond but real decent guy and good prices. If there is a Genesis in VIA Ren colours available he'll have it......plus all the paints etc.... Hope this helps"

Dieter/
I tooked a look on this e-mail,very interesting,and he get lot of stuuf we can't find everywhere...
thank you for this link..
I get the idea to order a Via's Genesis for soon
Last edited by Montrealrail on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #634923  by RailfanQC

Dieter wrote:From a local guru;

Dieter/
Thanks for the link, I will check it out for the Canadian Express store. :wink:
 #635600  by Dieter

I am inclined to agree with you guys; it's a matter of time before a correct model of a Genesis locomotive comes out in what you're looking for. I'm still waiting for it to come out in New Haven.

Anybody your way modelling CDN structures of Tim Hortons, St. Hubert restaurants, Ultramar or Petro Canada stations?

D/