Railroad Forums 

• Rock Island Will be Back in the Passenger Business

• For discussion of the Iowa Interstate. The Iowa Interstate Railroad (reporting mark IAIS) is a Class II railroad operating in the central United States. The railroad is owned by Railroad Development Corporation of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Website: iaisrr.com
For discussion of the Iowa Interstate. The Iowa Interstate Railroad (reporting mark IAIS) is a Class II railroad operating in the central United States. The railroad is owned by Railroad Development Corporation of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Website: iaisrr.com
 #46365  by Gilbert B Norman

That should get some attention.

North Western Limited, the monthly newsletter of the North Western Illinois Chapter NRHS reports that the "DRG&W Ski Train' equipment has been chartered and will operate as a shuttle between Coralville, IA and Kinnick Stadium on the Univ of Iowa campus. This is a distance of about five miles.

At Coralville, there is a large shopping mall, where presumably the mall operator has decided their interests will be served if they permit parking in their lot. This mall is opposite the Rock Island (whoops, Iowa Interstate) tracks.

The service is scheduled to run on home game Saturdays, 9/4, 9/11, 10/2, 10/16. 11/6, 11/20.
Incidentially, I have been a Member of this Chapter for thirty four years. I have known the Newsletter Editor personally for at least the past fifteen (his daughter loved my now deceased Newfoundland). In short I consider the source reliable.

Here's the Chapter's site:
http://www.nwinrhs.org

#46438  by AmtrakFan

Thank You for sharing this with us also too bad it isin't Rock Island Painted and what will the Motive Power Be? The Ski Train F40's?

AmtrakFan