Railroad Forums 

• LHR Presentation October 23, Allamuchy

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

#585915  by Paul Miller

I will be giving a power point presentation of the Lehigh and Hudson River Railway for the Allamuchy Historical Society on Thursday, October 23rd at 7:30 pm. The event will be held at the Allamuchy Municipal Building, 292 Alphano Road, Allamuchy N.J. You don't have to be a member to attend, it's open to the general public. The presentation will focus on how the LHR affected Allamuchy and other surrounding towns in N.J. Slides will consist of structures/sidings/stations of the L.&H.R. before and after, many featured in my book. I will also have books for sale at the presentation. Allamuchy has done a great job preserving the abandoned R.O.W. and freight house. For directions access : www.allamuchynj.org/directions.asp Hope to see some of you there or on the R.O.W.
Paul
 #594074  by jstefanick

Let me be the first to say what a great presentation Paul put on. The pictures are awesome, his passion and quality showed through. His allowing the audience to make comments of their knowledge where appropriate was a testament to his wanting to find out as much as he can- he lets the subject matter do the talking.

Paul, you did a great job! At 42, I was probably the youngest person there (haha), but totally was enthralled the entire time, thanks! If you give any more talks, please post- anyone on the board within driving distance- it is a trip well worth it.
 #594223  by DLW Sussex Branch

Paul,

It was a great show. It's always good to hear historical information shared with the public. I'll warn you though, this may be the first of a string of appearances. That's what happened to me.

Dave

Sussex Branch Tales - A book by Dave Rutan
Get yours now!
http://books.cafepress.com/srrguy