Railroad Forums 

• NS Conductor back pay

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#560635  by Ivebeenworkin

Does anyone know when NS will issue the back pay checks?
 #560752  by Anchorman

I heard end of August. Last possible day NS is obligated to pay them per the new contract. Jack your dependants up and I hope you worked a ton of OT!!!
 #562888  by Ivebeenworkin

Why do you say jack up your dependents?
 #562955  by scooterz66

The more dependents you have listed on your W2, the less money the government will take from your check. If you've ever noticed, the more you make on a check, the more they'll take. Therefore, if your check is for a few grand, the gov will tax the hell outta it unless you have a lot of dependents listed.
 #571524  by augyardswitcher

There is no guarantee that you'll get the money before sep 1. There is a side letter in effect that states that the carriers don't have to pay and they can designate their own time to pay the money. It's the 25 and no pending pay shows under the ERC page, however the normal paycheck shows for the 29th.
 #572759  by esprrfan

Got mine today, well atleast the tax man is happy. I think for the next contract we need to skip the COLA that way we can avoid the "Paybacks"