Railroad Forums 

• thinking bout joining FEC

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#508734  by texmexcoo

ive been working for the texas mexican railroad now owned buy the kcs for 2 years nows my question was @80 % made 65,000 first year on a guarrenteed xboard now iam bout to go up to 90% ....and i lived in florida for 2 years on melbourne beach and i loved it and miss it i was wonderin how much does the fec pay for conductors with experience....is it different when your on the road or on the yard......my family is in mexico but which is close where i live now but i also real close releatives in melbourne .....just wondering if it was worth the move for better pay!!!or the same pay!! any input would be very greatfull

#508863  by Noel Weaver

Like most everywhere else, business on the Florida East Coast is kind of
slow right now. They have cut trains from the schedule because of this,
rock business is the item most affected.
I think they have people furloughed at the present time.
If you are already working for a railroad, probably now is not a very good
time to be thinking about moving elsewhere.
Noel Weaver

#509152  by GOLDEN-ARM

I'm with Noel. the problem is, the extra board doesn't pay a guarantee, so you earn what you earn. We have a couple of guys out here, right now, who were hired, and then cut loose, with a day or two a week being all they were working. You're making decent bucks, and building seniority, so that might be the wiser deal, for now. Trust me, I live on Hutchinson Island, so I know what your missing. (I'm working in Oregon, to pay the bills right now) Reds are moving in, and snook season is right around the corner........... :(