Railroad Forums 

• Freight on Western Route

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#37299  by NERailfan

does anyone know of freight using the Western Rout lately. I was listeing to the RR on my scanner the other night, & heard an EOT transmission Around 1-2AM... I live a few blocks from the Western, & the transmission made the train sound like it was on the Western. I live 3 miles from the new Hampshire division... any info would be great!

#37843  by CSX Conductor

Perhaps it was NHN's sand train heading for Boston sand & Gravel?

#37892  by NERailfan

I seem to think it is too, but I'm not sure. That train usually comes down the New Hampshire Main line at night time, so it is possible they are having it go down the Western instead now. Anyone able to take this further? Thanks CSX!!! :D