Railroad Forums 

• Whom to contact ref: employment w/ FEC

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#491805  by tenbaker

I'm a conductor for a Class 1, any contact info regarding employment would be great. Or a paticular web site.

Thanks in advance.
 #491813  by Noel Weaver

tenbaker wrote:I'm a conductor for a Class 1, any contact info regarding employment would be great. Or a paticular web site.

Thanks in advance.
I am not sure that the FEC is in a position to hire people right now. Their
business is down like most of the other railroads. Only three rock trains
out of Medley instead of the previous five. Van and containers are doing
somewhat better.
Noel Weaver

#491907  by fire5506

We just had a bunch of trainman's jobs abolished and most of the utility men's jobs were cut, so there won't be any hiring for a while. I'm hearing that a bunch will be furloughed from the extra board.

#491956  by Noel Weaver

fire5506 wrote:We just had a bunch of trainman's jobs abolished and most of the utility men's jobs were cut, so there won't be any hiring for a while. I'm hearing that a bunch will be furloughed from the extra board.
Sorry to hear about that, I hope this slowdown doesn't last too long.
Noel Weaver

#493798  by GOLDEN-ARM

We just got a FEC conductor, here in Oregon. He got tired of working without a guarantee, and working only every third day. Work is slow, they had three classes of new hires go through recently, with a large portion of those guys being furloughed, or quitting to find "real" work. The hiring process for FEC has been described is detail, here in the RR.Net Forum already.