Railroad Forums 

• L&HR Available model releases

• Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail
Discussion of the L&HR and its predecessor the Warwick Valley Railroad for the period 1860-1976 at its inclusion with ConRail

Moderator: David

#699422  by SooLineRob

I suppose if I can live with the mismatched paint on the C420's, I can live with the caboose...
 #736113  by Otto Vondrak

"L&HR 11" offered by Atlas:

Interesting, since there's already a quality model of a more correct "Northeastern" style caboose, and paint and decals would be an easy job...
 #1133286  by L&HR C&S

Not sure if this has already been settled or not, but Atlas did get the black walkways correct on the L&HR C-420s. A number of nice color slides on ebay over the past few years has confirmed this. None of the photos are mine so the best I can do is post a link to this ebay listing that is ending on 1/13/13. Black anti skid walkways at Laural Run PA on the 23.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAL671-L-HR-Wre ... 25797996c2
 #1227675  by CNJ Fan 4evr

I'm an O scaler and of course had to have the JC Penny L&HR #22. I got it from ebay back in 2001 and was fortunate enough to come across O scale caboose decals at the Mother Seton show that following spring. It is a very heavy locomotive. Problem is the horn and bell quit working. I think smoke oil got down into the chip or something. I'd like to upgrade it to have the engine sounds as well. I run it occasionally on my layout which is small but it is good enough for now.
I wish I had that N scale engine back when I modeled that 20+ years ago.