Railroad Forums 

• Metro-North GP40PH-2 #4190

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#412268  by Eric Kreszl

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I was in Hoboken NJ last week. I have several questions about MNCR 4190 as I was able to see it up close for the first time in years.

1. Why is the radiator fan assembly towards the rear of the locomotive so different compared to the flared radiator assembly of NJ Transit GP40PH-2 locomotives?

2. Why did Metro-North purchase this locomotive to begin with?

3. I have a photo of 4190 that was taken in Hoboken NJ back during the 1990's. I believe it was taken during one of the Hoboken festivals. I don't know what the exact year the photo was taken however the photo shows the locomotive without the road numbers underneath the side cab windows. Was this photo taken after it was rebuilt?

If anyone wants to see my photos of 4190 please let me know and I will provide you the links to my photos.

Thanks,

Eric

#412348  by DutchRailnut

Despite of it being a Metro North forum these questions on west of hudson equipment are most likely answered by NJT fans on NJT forum after all they run the stuff

#412354  by Eric Kreszl

DutchRailnut wrote:Despite of it being a Metro North forum these questions on west of hudson equipment are most likely answered by NJT fans on NJT forum after all they run the stuff

Do you think we can move this topic to the NJT Rail forum??

Eric