Railroad Forums 

• Providence & Worcestor Fans!

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#356995  by CN9634

For those of you that have Microsoft Train Simulator (MSTS) heres something you will be able to enjoy very soon!
The only issue is this, but its minor:

#357194  by Trainer

"Wow, that will be awesome for Providence & Worcestor fans!"

Otto, you misunderstood. This engine is modeled for fans of the little-known "fallen flag" Providence and Worcestor Railroad, which until 1988 had active daily freight service between Rhode Island and South Africa. I would have thought a railroad trivia expert such as yourself would have picked up on that right away.

http://www.capegateway.gov.za/eng/direc ... 9377/19529

Congratulations to the Providence & Worcestor modelers, and I'd love to come over and see the layout once you've got it set up. :-)

#357508  by CN9634

haha Well that's great. So I made a type-o, big deal, don't have to make fun of me :(. It would have been worse however if I'd actually lived in Worcester. Being as I live in Maine, I can make such a mistake, with minimal embarrassment. However, I did check the spelling online prior to making the model and I saw it listed on one of my resource sites as "Wocestor". If I see it I'll show it to you.

#357752  by dcm74

CN9634 wrote:haha Well that's great. So I made a type-o, big deal, don't have to make fun of me :(. It would have been worse however if I'd actually lived in Worcester. Being as I live in Maine, I can make such a mistake, with minimal embarrassment. However, I did check the spelling online prior to making the model and I saw it listed on one of my resource sites as "Wocestor". If I see it I'll show it to you.
At least you didn't spell it Worchester!
 #357860  by CannaScrews

dcm74 wrote:
CN9634 wrote:haha Well that's great. So I made a type-o, big deal, don't have to make fun of me :(. It would have been worse however if I'd actually lived in Worcester. Being as I live in Maine, I can make such a mistake, with minimal embarrassment. However, I did check the spelling online prior to making the model and I saw it listed on one of my resource sites as "Wocestor". If I see it I'll show it to you.
At least you didn't spell it Worchester!
Or Wooster - like where the fabulous pizza comes from in New Haven (CT).

#357869  by CN9634

:wink:
It's been corrected. I'll post shots when I'm not sooo lazy :-D

#357873  by DutchRailnut

Since the Moderator is to polite to say it, this forum is about real trains.
The MSTS stuff belongs on :
http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=16

#358059  by CN9634

Well yes I agree with that, however I was aiming more towards P&W fans (Hense the topic of this thread) instead of Virtual Train fans, so I thought posting it in here would be better, because not all P&W fans may look at that forum.

By posting it in here may have been better as a P&W fan pointed out my mistake in the spelling, saving me.... ego points? (Or loads on car insurance)
So I think that will justify the reason for this thread being here.

#358311  by CN9634

Thanks for the info. Any pictures with Logos would help a bunch as well. Thanks. I appologize for my errors in posting and the model. Thank you for pointing them out.

#361624  by U-Haul

I noticed something, but tiss a small detail. B39-8E is a railfan creation and not the official designation of B39-8.