• CSXT Car Inspector Positions.

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by spencer8b75

I currently work for Amtrak as a car inspector in Sunnyside Yard in queens NY.. While on vacation recently in Florida I spoke with a CSX conductor who told me CSX was looking for qualified car inspectors in Florida. I verified this by logging onto CSX.com and seeing the vacant positions. I have a four year military backgound and I have been employed by Amtrak for five years now. I have my FRA 238 certification and the transport Canada certification which are both current. What is the hiring process for employment for CSX?? I am looking forward to moving back to Florida but I want to leave Amtrak. I have a excellent attendance,, Training and safety record but being employed by Amtrak now is very risky due to nationwide cutbacks and job abolishments. I am willing to start at the bottom of another senority roster in order to further my career..If anyone had any info that can help me,,Please let me know...

by scharnhorst

apply to CSX and see what you get in response. There are a few CSX engineers and conductors out there who work for both CSX and Amtrak.
  by tracygto

I do not know if this will help but here goes. I just recently got hired as a carman at the Toledo hub, I will be going to the training facility in Georgia for five weeks of training and then back to Toledo hub to start work. All this was done through the CSX web sight and I have no relation that works for the railroad either. I hope this was of some help!