Railroad Forums 

• Rare-Mileage Excursion on FRRR - April 29, 2007

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#268759  by erie2937

On Sunday, April 29, 2007, the New York Central System is sponsoring a rare-mileage 80-mile round trip on the Falls Road Railroad between Lockport and Brockport. $45 fare includes admission to Medina Railroad Museum, photo runby and box lunch. Order tickets early because train capacity is only 250. Info: NYCSHS 2007 Convention, 160 Parkledge Drive, Amherst NY 14226.

#279388  by Challenger3985

I did this along time ago with my dad. It had to of been over 8 years now. I thought it was great, I'd suggest anyone into doing it. Long time away though at this point.

#291599  by metman499

Otto, check the date. You have about eight months to the trip.

#291791  by med-train

Otto, the trip that Challenger3985 referred to was back in 1997 or 1998.
The WNYRHS offered this type of trip in '97, '98 & '99 sans box lunch.

#305465  by dummy

the falls road runs passenger trips most of the year for the medina rail museum. ive been on a few of them. had a good time. im sure a lot of work goes into these trips. try it out.

#329815  by Challenger3985

Just wondering... These tickets still up for grabs?

#330020  by med-train

Tickets are still available on the afternoon trips and a couple of morning trips. It is best to call for reservations (585) 798-6106. They keep a tally at the Museum. We did sellout both trips on Nov. 25th.

Edit -- OOPS this may be wrong answer. I was thinking you were asking about the Santa Trains.
 #339463  by Mark Heard

I also had the opportunity with my brother to make this trip maybe 3-4 yrs ago in November. Boarded at Brockport - to Lockport and back. Stopped in Gasport for lunch - the little bar/restaurant there by the ROW was overjoyed to see people on a Saturday afternoon ! Stopped at the Museum also in Medina. Having grown up in Albion we had a blast seeing everything from trackside view. Really interesting to see all the ROW side structures. althought it was cold, enjoyed every minute of the trip. Our wives hoped we got it out of our system - Ha , just gave us more drive !
Mark
 #341020  by erie2937

This trip is being operated in conjunction with the annual convention of the New York Central System Historical Society. It is, however, open to the general public as well as NYCSHS members. The ticket price, $45, is the same for members and non-members. The ticket order form can be downloaded and printed off the NYCSHS website or it can be obtained by writing to NYCSHS 2007 Convention, 160 Parkledge Drive, Amherst NY 14226. It is NOT necessary to register for the convention to buy a ticket. As a footnote, we expect to operate the former NYC Lookout Lounge Observation Car "Sunrise Brook", now named "Dagny Taggart", on the trip. It will add something that phtographers will not want to miss. NO tickets for "Dagny Taggart" are available but all will be welcome to photograph the car as it operates with the excursion train. Sorry- "Dagny" will not be open to the public for inspection either. The car will be operating as a private charter.

#341672  by CRHauf

Otto,

Here you go. The best pic I have of the Dagny Taggert which was trailing the private car FEDERAL in Rochester in October 2004. The Dagny was dropped in Albany on that trip for eventual return to Buffalo where the car is stored indoors while the FEDERAL continued to NYC. The Dagny Taggert was built by Budd as a 5 bedroom observation-lounge car and was delivered to the NYC in June 1949.

Until later,
Chris
 #341742  by Tom Curtin

erie wrote
On Sunday, April 29, 2007, the New York Central System is sponsoring a rare-mileage 80-mile round trip
Did I read that right? Is some kind of twilight-zone time travel going on upstate?

#341765  by Otto Vondrak

Chris- thanks for posting the pic! I thought the name sounded familiar.

I'm looking forward to the convention and its related activities!