Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #266007  by Beech Cricker

I was in Ohiopyle, Pa. yesterday and noticed a relatively new bridge over the Yough to support the Yough Trail which has long occupied the former WM mainline through here. My last visit to Ohiopyle was in 1984, at the end of a rafting trip. I seem to recall the WM bridge still in place at that time...when was this bridge removed?

Jeff

#375243  by WM Fan (in philly)

I am a frequent visitor to the Ohiopyle area. I went rafting one or two times per summer in the ninetys. I remembered at one time the old black bridge with the speedlettering on the side. As long as I remembered the bridge was cut off at the highway. In about 2000 or so that was when they built the new bridge for the bike trail. The high bridge on the other side of Ferncliff is still the original bridge.