Railroad Forums 

• Lewiston Industrial Track/Lewiston Lower Rd/Branch status

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1405206  by Hux

BostonUrbEx wrote:
F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:All three (plus Pennacook if that abandonment filing is imminent) he's going to want scrubbed before entertaining acquisition bids, because I'm sure an internal property audit is going to throw up some other surprises to address of other long-forgotten ROW flotsam from the last 30 years (or even prior) they had no idea they still owned...and haven't been paying property taxes on.
Interesting, this would jive with a recent move to abandon some ROW in the Somersworth/Rochester area. It seemed the property owned didn't connect directly to anything, yet it was still in PAR hands, perhaps unknowingly for a long time. I'm not sure if the FRA filing has happened yet or not, but they were getting their paperwork together this summer.

Who knows how many unknown properties are on their books!
Would that be old Cocheco RR right of way?
 #1508068  by BM6569

I wonder how old the google aerials are? It shows 7 empties at the end of their siding, plus an empty on the loading track coupled to the trackmobile they have and another 8 further down on it. 16 cars total
 #1508128  by MEC407

newpylong wrote:How is providing service to a customer a wonder? lol :)
Let's not forget which railroad this is :wink: