Railroad Forums 

• Really---no guarnted extra boards with pay?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#243075  by CSX-COAL HAULER

Here on my division the we have guarnated extra boards for Conductors ---we are on call 13 days and then we are off for 2 days-----not bad for------a guarntee of $2'450.00 per half. Alot of guys make more closer to $3,500.00 when the board is really turning good----they still have two days off though. You guys don't have that???????

CSX-COAL HAULER

#243456  by chrisjz

Nope, no guarantee or days off here at NS; only engineers have a guarantee but no days off there either. Does CSX cut the list if too many guys start putting in for the guarantee?

#243505  by CSX-COAL HAULER

Even though they will say they don't cut the boards-----they will if traffic slacks off for 3-4 weeks-----they have got a person in Jacksonville making $85,000----$90,000 a year just to watch our boards and try to cut it when we do slow down. You dont want to be the bottom two or three guys on any board. Our engineer's on my subdivision work 8 days on and 3 days off. But during those 8 days they are working our tails off. But it is nice ---------------------------3 days off--------------most time off I have ever had in my railroad career.

CSX COAL HAULER