Railroad Forums 

• MS Train Simulator: LIRR Port Jeff & Mainline route

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#201709  by alcoc420

I have expanded my Port Jeff route to include the Ronkonkoma Branch and the Main Line west. Tracks 1 and 3 have reached about 100 feet east of the platform at Jamaica. Tracks 2 and 4 are just west of the bridge of the Montauk Division. If anyone would care to beta test this please let me know. Scenery is 95% done on the PJ, about 70% on the KO, and 1% on the Main Line.

#201710  by Lirr168

I for one would love to beta test it! Also, if you are interested in any of the equipment I have created (locomotives, coaches, and hacks) to use for activities on the route, let me know; I will be glad to pass them on to you.

-Kyle

#201749  by LIRRNOVA55

I have some of alcoc420s work and guys, it is par none, My favorite route now. runs great, scenery is great, its awsome.

#201794  by Richard Glueck

COunt me in to test it, run it, own it. I absolutely want the LIRR for MSTS. Is there a way to generate opposing traffic?

#201802  by Lirr168

Richard Glueck wrote: Is there a way to generate opposing traffic?
Definitely! The only problem is that it takes time to do all that crap in the activity editor, which btw, has the tendency to crash right when you're ready to click 'save activity.' If I can locate my original copy of the PJ Route I'll try to do some actvities for it; it sure beats schoolwork :wink:

#201810  by Long Island 7285

It's not that hard to make traffic in the editory but you gota make it some what fictional whare as your only at a "stop" for a min or 2 not an hr or more.
I have alot of traffic on the older PJ line already, and rich, lets see, it's all FAs and C420s and RS1/3s ect. and alos some shots of the Geeps and FAs the years i grew up in.

:-D

#202054  by lirrmike

Oh, you know I want to run your route!!!

Mike

#202327  by Long island Joe

:P http://long_island_joe.rrpicturearchives.net/pictures/6851/scrgrb0.JPG

#202350  by NIMBYkiller

Is that on the PJ line? If it is.....WOW! That is awesome work!

I'd like to test out the new parts of the system.

#202354  by Long island Joe

its The Innsbruck - St.Anton Route

#202653  by alcoc420

I have some screen shots of the LIRR route, but I don't know how to post them. They are .pcx files and I could not open them in my Windows computer, but I ported them to a Mac and they opened. If someone wants I can email a few to a person who knows how post photos. I can save them as jpg, tiff, or whatever. Or if someone could tell me how to do it, I will try. They are mostly head end views around B tower and Hicksville, but I can take others. Queens interlocking is always kind of neat.

LIRR168, I think I already have your trains, but I appreciate the offer. They are incredibly excellent. I use LI 252 (I think that is yours?) more than anyone's locos, even Gaetan Belanger's 224 and 227. If you had the time to make a solid, concrete textured abutment 1250 feet long, 25 feet high at one end, 2 feet high at the other, and 25 feet wide, I would use it as the ramp for the Montauk Division incline between Jamaica and Holban.

#202725  by Lirr168

alcoc420 wrote:I have some screen shots of the LIRR route, but I don't know how to post them. They are .pcx files and I could not open them in my Windows computer, but I ported them to a Mac and they opened. If someone wants I can email a few to a person who knows how post photos. I can save them as jpg, tiff, or whatever. Or if someone could tell me how to do it, I will try. They are mostly head end views around B tower and Hicksville, but I can take others. Queens interlocking is always kind of neat.

LIRR168, I think I already have your trains, but I appreciate the offer. They are incredibly excellent. I use LI 252 (I think that is yours?) more than anyone's locos, even Gaetan Belanger's 224 and 227. If you had the time to make a solid, concrete textured abutment 1250 feet long, 25 feet high at one end, 2 feet high at the other, and 25 feet wide, I would use it as the ramp for the Montauk Division incline between Jamaica and Holban.
Thanks, I'm glad you like them; 252 is not mine, though I must agree that it is a great-looking locomotive! To answer your question about the screenshots: when MSTS is open, take the screenshot as you would normally. Then, hit Alt+Tab to minimize the MSTS window. Then, go into MS Paint and hit paste (Ctrl+V). The image will appear here, allowing you to view it and then save it in any format you choose. To get them on rr.net, upload the image to a photo hosting site (i use http://www.imageshack.biz) and then post the link they provide into the text box on here.

#202746  by alcoc420

LIRR168: Thanks much! I forgot you made an H16-44. That is one I could definitely use. I quit working on the route for tonight. Added signals, textures, etc west of Holban. Here is a cab view of B Tower.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/605/ ... opy4sx.jpg

#202752  by Lirr168

alcoc420 wrote:LIRR168: Thanks much! I forgot you made an H16-44. That is one I could definitely use. I quit working on the route for tonight. Added signals, textures, etc west of Holban. Here is a cab view of B Tower.
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/605/ ... opy4sx.jpg
Sure, there is one in Goodfellow livery available on my website (http://www.thermomod.bjwaymods.com/Trai ... nloads.htm), but frankly I would rather see it running in Tichy, so if you don't wind waiting a day or so, I will repaint it and try to find a more suitable cabview for you as well.

#202755  by M1 9147

I first saw these images via LIRR 7285 on his computer, and I'll say the images are getting better, and better. Keep up the good work guys!