Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.

Moderator: MEC407

#1621098  by DandHguy1147

Hello. I'm building an ho scale Delaware and Hudson train layout. One of the key aspects I have for this layout is the Colonie Shops that once stood in the Watervliet, NY area. Just north of Albany. I've never seen anyone build the shops in ho scale; hell, I don't think I've seen a scale model of the shops in general. Doing quite a lot of research to make sure I model them correctly. Except for the fact that there isn't a whole lot of information on them. Regardless, I just wanted to see if anyone on here knew the height of the building. I have a roigh estimate of with width. Only modeling 3 or 4 tracks that lead into the building, the rest will be on a custom made backdrop I'm working on. Which is why I need the height so it and the building I'm making from styrene match up and is a prototypical height.

Thanks, Scott.
 #1621106  by BR&P

I can't provide a specific dimension, but maybe you can come pretty close by calculating loco height, door height etc and going from there. Get it close, then defy anybody to prove you wrong! :wink:
D&H Colonie 2.jpg
D&H Colonie 2.jpg (389.81 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
 #1621305  by NYCRRson

A GP7/9 is 15 foot tall. From the first picture it looks like the door opening is 16 feet. I see about 3 2/3 door heights from ground to roof.

I going with 55 feet from ground to roof plus or minus a foot.