Railroad Forums 

• I just rediscovered my OG trainspotting spot.

• General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.
General discussion about railroad operations, related facilities, maps, and other resources.

Moderator: Robert Paniagua

#1546350  by NeoArashi

Back in 2000-2001, my father we living literally 1 minute away by foot. I would go outside and watch (mostly CN) trains all the time.

This spot is on the Montreal-Senneterre/Nonquiere line, between the Grand-Mère and Garneau stops (Very close to the Garneau stop in fact, IIRC, if you walk alongside the track for about 1 mile, you'll end up at the Garneau stop)

Back in 2000-2001, I would go there every single day that a I could feel a train coming (Considering how close to the tracks my dad lived back then, the only trains we didn't feel coming were Via Rail train because they were much lighter)

Do you guys have picture of your original trainspotting areas (the one you first use to train spot, not your current one if you still do) or is the one you used to go to is available on Google Street View?
Attachments:
OG.png
OG.png (2.57 MiB) Viewed 1153 times
 #1546373  by NaugyRR

I was very fortunate in high school to get distracted almost daily by the Housatonic Railroad, the tracks were maybe a hundred feet from the school. When I was there they still had their GP9's and the RS3 still ran when not being used at the Berkshire Scenic. I was lucky to have several teachers understand and nurture my hobby, so I usually never got in trouble for watching a freight go by during class, haha.
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (294.09 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
 #1547716  by NeoArashi

NaugyRR wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:39 am I was very fortunate in high school to get distracted almost daily by the Housatonic Railroad, the tracks were maybe a hundred feet from the school. When I was there they still had their GP9's and the RS3 still ran when not being used at the Berkshire Scenic. I was lucky to have several teachers understand and nurture my hobby, so I usually never got in trouble for watching a freight go by during class, haha.

Screenshot.jpg
The college I went to between 2006 and 2011 was sitting next to train tracks (In fact, it was about 3 minutes away from the Quebec train Station. Unfortunately, almost none of my classes happened to be on the side where the train passes, at least not WHEN they did. Except one.

There was that one time where I was in that photo class (had to chose one extra class for creadits, and that one looked teh least boring) and one time, we had to take pictures of stuff (anything, really) around the college. It just so happen that the first train from Montreal to Quebec was running kinda late... and it just so happens that I managed to take pictures of it just as it was passing. Sadly, I no longer have these photo (happened in 2010) but damn those were great pictures (took with a professional camera we were lent for the class)