Railroad Forums 

• Stadler to supply MARTA's new railcars

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1589376  by Gilbert B Norman

scratchyX1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:38 am Subsonic only? Then what was the point?
Fly Concorde', fly Braniff!!!!!

Lest we forget, air travel back then still had some vestige of glamor; not just "mass transit in the sky" as is the case today. First time I went on an airplane, June 1957, I was dressed in a suit and tie.

Meanwhile, over at www.airliners.net
Last edited by Gilbert B Norman on Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1589402  by Gilbert B Norman

Mr. Scratchy, I don't think too many Millennials ever experienced being in a public venue and someone "lighting up" with their foul fog making a Beeline for you.

Trust me, as a Silent, I sure do; let alone someone in my own party - or even a date - subjecting me to that poison.

But alas, we are really risking a Moderator's "weed whacker" continuing this.
 #1589406  by scratchyX1

I remember when music venues banned smoking inside, I was glad to not go home smelling of phillip morris product.

But back on topic, the simple strip will be the easiest to maintain. The more complex patterns look like Wraps, and those won't last as long.
 #1589411  by eolesen

I interviewed at Braniff 2 and worked with people who were with Braniff 1... Splash of Colors is a must-read about how to grow crazy fast and fall faster.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

#1589528  by Ken W2KB

scratchyX1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:38 am
Gilbert B Norman wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:33 amNow so far as Braniff and Concorde', they operated either an LHR or ORY-IAD; IAD-DFW as an interchange. The aircraft was only allowed to fly subsonic and Braniff had to have Flight Crews qualified on such.
I had someone describe it like an Amtube, but with pretension.
Subsonic only? Then what was the point?
US noise regulations prohibited supersonic flights over US territory as the resultant sonic boom along the flightpath would substantially exceed the maximum permitted decibel level. Once over the ocean the flights were at about mach 2, twice the speed of sound.