Railroad Forums 

• Indonesia Railways

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#1470355  by Ronal U18C Indonesia

D Alex wrote:
george matthews wrote:I have been an English teacher in several countries in Africa and the Middle East. I can tell you that I don't understand most of what you write. You need to find a teacher to improve your English.
I believe he's using Google Translate..
Be advised„… no time studied with Her, because for 3 weeks ago this I am holiday My juniors and seniors national exam in progress
 #1470631  by Ronal U18C Indonesia

One of mountain executive train who doesn't to Jakarta this's Argo Wilis train, train from Area Operation 2 Bandung this, this train serve Surabaya Gubeng-Bandung destination, this train name takenfrom mountain in Nganjuk, although the journey doesn't ended in Madiun, train with Graphic number 5 and 6 all this Indonesia stop at
1. Jombang
2. Madiun
3. Solo Balapan
4. Yogyakarta
5. Kutoarjo
6. Kroya
7. Banjar
8. Tasikmalaya
9. Cipeundeuy
10. Bandung. Argo Wilis use trainset from Bandung depots with arrangment CC206 locomotive+7 executive coach+eating coach+power station coach, trainset used's executive window width. Frequency of Argo Wilis journey it's 1x per days.

Any question arround Argo Wilis train?
 #1470632  by Ronal U18C Indonesia

Arround information about platname of Indonesia train design, platname of Indonesia train design measurable 320x83 for area operation : 3 Cirebon, 2 Bandung, 6 Yogyakarta, and My pride area operation it's 8 Surabaya. For size 320x85 only used in Area Operation 1 Jakarta(with frame) and without the frame in area operation : 4 Semarang, 5 Purwokerto, 7 Madiun, 9 Jember. With design follow as : white as base color(in formely is darkblue)(1), underneath there's IR Ll Co locomotive liveries era(2).
For used of font follow as
1. Area Operation 1 Jakarta
Trainname font : Arial italic(full centre line)
Destinationname font : Arial
2. Area Operation 2 Bandung
Trainname font : Arial narrow bold italic(full centre line)
3. Area Operation 3 Cirebon
Trainname font : Arial bold italic(full centre line)
Destinationname font : Arial bold
4. Area Operation 4 Semarang
Trainname font : Lato bold(Argo Muria only) and Arial bold, full centre line
Destinationname font : Lato, Arial
5. Area Operation 5 Purwokerto
Trainname font : Arial bold italic(full centre line)
Destinationname font : Arial Bold
6. Area Operation 6 Yogyakarta
Trainname font : Arial italic(the middle line inherit trainname only)
7. Area Operation 7 Madiun
Trainname font : Arial italic(full middle line)
8. Area Operation 8 Surabaya
Trainname font : like Area Operation 2 Bandung, but the middle line inherit trainname only
Destinationname font : Arial bold
9. Area Operation 9 Jember
Trainname font and destination name font like Area Operation 5 Purwokerto
Platname of Area Operation : 2 Bandung, 3 Cirebon, 6 Yogyakarta, 8 Surabaya
Platname of Area Operation 1 Jakarta
Platname of Area Operation : 4 Semarang, 5 Purwokerto, 7 Madiun, 9 Jember

Any openvoice Why platname design in Your country?
Last edited by Ronal U18C Indonesia on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1470640  by Ronal U18C Indonesia

george matthews wrote:Neither "openvoice" nor "platname" are English words.
Yes, it's true, btw, what's the train platname design in Your country Sir George Matthews?
 #1470660  by george matthews

Ronal U18C Indonesia wrote:
george matthews wrote:Neither "openvoice" nor "platname" are English words.
Yes, it's true, btw, what's the train platname design in Your country Sir George Matthews?
I have no idea as the word is unknown to me.
 #1470735  by Ronal U18C Indonesia

David Benton wrote:Do you mean ,
Station platform nameboards ?,
Train destination boards?,
Train name boards ?

By Open voice , I guess you mean open discussion?
I am mean trainname boards Uncle moderators
 #1470736  by Ronal U18C Indonesia

David Benton wrote:Do you mean ,
Station platform nameboards ?,
Train destination boards?,
Train name boards ?

By Open voice , I guess you mean open discussion?
The same
 #1470741  by johnthefireman

In English usage, "Station platform nameboards", "Train destination boards" and "Train name boards" are three different things, so for us they cannot be the same.

Can you describe the use and position of the "platname "? Is it the board which is fixed to the station platform and has the name of that station?

For us "Train name boards" and "Train destination boards" are two different things. The first has the name of a named train, such as the Flying Scotsman, the California Zephyr, the Orient Express, etc. The second has the destination of the train, thaat is, the name of the places where it is going.
 #1470744  by Ronal U18C Indonesia

johnthefireman wrote:In English usage, "Station platform nameboards", "Train destination boards" and "Train name boards" are three different things, so for us they cannot be the same.

Can you describe the use and position of the "platname "? Is it the board which is fixed to the station platform and has the name of that station?

For us "Train name boards" and "Train destination boards" are two different things. The first has the name of a named train, such as the Flying Scotsman, the California Zephyr, the Orient Express, etc. The second has the destination of the train, thaat is, the name of the places where it is going.
Indeed in Indonesia, trainname boards and destinationname boards coupled into one, for installation problem, placed inthe outside coach wall(now) and handrail of locomotive(in formely) during bureau era
 #1470763  by johnthefireman

Ronal U18C Indonesia wrote:trainname boards and destinationname boards coupled into one, for installation problem, placed inthe outside coach wall
Thanks. I think that would be familiar to many of us. In many countries the destination and/or train name may appear on a board (these days more likely an illuminated panel) on the side of the coaches. The destination will often also appear in an illuminated display panel on the front of the leading car of a multiple unit (but not usually on a locomotive).
 #1470794  by Ronal U18C Indonesia

johnthefireman wrote:
Ronal U18C Indonesia wrote:trainname boards and destinationname boards coupled into one, for installation problem, placed inthe outside coach wall
Thanks. I think that would be familiar to many of us. In many countries the destination and/or train name may appear on a board (these days more likely an illuminated panel) on the side of the coaches. The destination will often also appear in an illuminated display panel on the front of the leading car of a multiple unit (but not usually on a locomotive).
But, in Indonesia made from steel plate, in Indonesia randomly placed, i don't know in coach 1, 3, 6 or 10, depending onthe number of coaches in trainset
 #1470931  by Ronal U18C Indonesia

Have diverse trainset, it's a Argo Parahyangan train, train from Area Operation 2 Bandung is serve Bandung-Gambir destination, this train stop at
1. Cimahi|2. Purwakarta
3. Bekasi |4. Jatinegara, this train results of combine Argo Gede and Parahyangan train wich's eliminated(the repalacement's so) , this train name takenfrom second of West Java nickname, frequency of journey is 8x per days for regular journey and 7x for faculty journey. They're the graphic number and trainset use
1. 19-30 : original(4 economy 2016 artificial coach+4 executive coach+eating and power station economy plus class 2016 artificial)
2. 31 and 32 : Harina trainset
3. 33 and 34 : Turangga trainset
4. 35F-38F : Like graphic number 19-30
5. 10501 and 10371 : Premium trainset
6. 10554 and 10424 : Like graphic number in points number 5
7. 10107 : Sembrani trainset
8. 10122 : Sembrani trainset
9. 10045 : Like graphic number 19-30
10. 10052 : Like graphic number 19-30
11. 10347 : Dusk Main Solo trainset
12. 10386 : Dusk Main Solo trainset.
They're the graphic number and destination
1. 19-34 : Bandung-Gambir
2. 35F-38F : Bandung Gambir
3. 10501 and 10377 : Bandung-Gambir
4. 10554 and 10424 : Like 10501 and 10377
5. 10107 and 10122 : Bandung-Gambir
6. 10045 and 10052 : Bandung-Gambir
7. 10347 and 10386 : Bandung-Pasarsenen, the locomotive towing're CC201/3/4/6 series
His menus sheets

Any openvoice if Your country have passenger train with diverse trainset?
 #1471612  by Ronal U18C Indonesia

Serayu train? Yes it's a LDT from Area Operation 5 Purwokerto is name takenfrom river through 5 district in earth of Ngapak that's Wonosobo, Purbalingga, Banyumas, Cilacap, Banjarnegara why called earth of Ngapak? Because that's it name of language district in central Java wich's directly adjacent to West Java. Let's back to the topic. This train in formely with nickname Cipuja(CIlacap-PUrwakarta-JAkarta) in daylight journey, and Citrajaya(CIlacap-JAkarta raYA) in night journey, however, now repalaced Serayu noon and night, this train one of train to Pasar Senen through in South line, with transit station follow as
1. Kroya
2. Maos
3. Gandrungmangu
4. Sidareja
5. Banjar
6. Ciamis
7. Tasikmalaya
8. Ciawi
9. Cipeundeuy
10. Cibatu
11. Kiaracondong
12. Cimahi
13. Plered
14. Purwakarta
15. Jatinegara, in formely, in formely again, this train starting of journey from Kroya station, next extended to Purwokerto, train with graphic number 221-224 is use trainset from Purwokerto depots
Kutoarjo depots for subtituent, with arrangment CC201/3/4/6 locomotive+8 economy coach+eating and power station coach+baggage coach, baggage coach of Serayu train is CARGO liveries or 2 pairs of middle doors
Ps : The meals're like Logawa train

Any question about Serayu train?