Railroad Forums 

• Transferring further South

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1222714  by CSXevilleconductor

I currently work as a conductor in Evansville,IN. I want to transfer further south and was thinking about Florida, South Carolina, and Georgia. I prefer to work on the road and would like to go somewhere where I can make good money and still be closer to the beach. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good terminal or multiple terminals that I could look at to make this possible? I appreciate any advice or help I can get!
 #1222770  by Freddy

For info S.C. and Georgia have state income tax. Florida does not. For that matter neither does Tennessee, if you'd like a view of the mountains.
 #1222891  by supernova1972

Are you NMAD or CSRA? I heard S.C. is short in several places right now but not sure where exactly. Florida has had 3 permanant transfers open up in the last 6 months where they would pay to change regions so they were short but not sure about now. Lakeland/Tampa and Rockland(?) I think were the two places.
 #1223242  by CSXevilleconductor

I am CSRA. I was mainly looking for somewhere that I could stay working on the road. I have never been a fan of working the yard or locals. I'm young, single, no kids, and thought now would be as good of a time as any to relocate to a warmer climate. I go from Evansville to Nashville now. Thanks for the help!!