Railroad Forums 

• Please help me..... Conductor Aptittude Test.

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1112774  by Lance

Hello,
I have a conductor apptittude test on Thursday, Nov. 29. I am trying to do some research on this "Entry level exam", but can't seem to find much on it. I am very nervous for the test, but extremly confident for the interveiw. I was wondering if anyone can please inform me of what may be on this test so i can try and prepare for it. Anouther question is, if there is anything for prior military on this. What i mean is, on some test i have taken in the past, prior military gets an additionl 5 points on the score, for example. I am 26 years old, have a good stable work history, prior military service, and kinda work for the RR now (unloading and loading the trains) through a contracted company. So, please give me some tips,if i have a good chance (from my previous work experiance, age, ect.) and inform me on this test if possible. It will be greatly appriciated.
 #1138626  by bluewalker

I found it really easy. It's gas some basic reading/comprehension skills, some basic math stuff and mechanical understanding (like how to read measurements on rulers/scales, understanding force when applied through gearing, ect). And the last, longest part is the personality test which will be presented as "your work ethic and values" on the test. Make no mistake, this part is pure psychology and personality traits. It is based on something called the Myers-Briggs Personality Indicator, Wikipedia that and it will explain the details and you can learn how to answer to et the best results. Remember, the Railroad doesn't want "risk takers". Conversely, some questions are "control questions" designed to see if you are trying to fake it. Things like "have you ever stolen anything" which almost 99.99% of people have done at some point and noone should be able to answer no on. If you start faking those type answers they have a good idea your not being honest and I believe they will reject your results. So just think about being safe, not taking risks and not lying on questions that seem like everyone would have done and you should pass the personality part no sweat. There is no veterans preference on these tests.