Railroad Forums 

• Toledo Area Changes

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#713565  by ToledoTerminalRy

I havent been train scouting around Toledo in about a year or so. I started at Walbridge and Stanley Yards and honestly they look like different yards! Both have updated signaling. Walbridge tower is now torn down! I couldnt tell if stanley tower was still there... Alot of track changes at Stanley near walbridge rd. Side notes: 90% of the engines at the yard pad were painted in the "dark future" scheme even a GP30 Slug/Mother! about 7 GE B-7's were sitting at the pad...possible dead line?!? at Stanley they are now using SD50's to perform switching out of the bowl and were using 2 SD-40-2's for hump power.
Lastly but most important IMO the TT backside tracks look to be getting torn out at Monroe St. over 475 could they be taking out the bridge there for road projects? There were some kind of track crews on both sides of Nebraska. Can anyone update as if this has been out or something new?

Ryan
 #714015  by nycrick

ODOT is planning to widen I-475 that's why the Douglas, Auburn and Central Ave. overpasses have been closed. I've been using Sherbrooke as a by-pass for Douglas but never even noticed the work on the TT overpass!
 #715338  by Northwest727

ToledoTerminalRy wrote:Lastly but most important IMO the TT backside tracks look to be getting torn out at Monroe St. over 475 could they be taking out the bridge there for road projects? There were some kind of track crews on both sides of Nebraska. Can anyone update as if this has been out or something new?
Thanks for posting this...I went up and checked out the TT crossing, and the tracks have been dismantled north of Monroe St.

Between Monroe and the UT campus, the TT is heavily overgrown with weeds and rails well rusted; I wonder if its days are numbered.

I also notice on Google Maps, that the Jackman street crossing well to the north has been removed.