Railroad Forums 

Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

#302014  by hsr_fan

Hmm...tough call! Thank so much for the information! Of course, I'll plan on returning before long, hopefully for a longer stay next time, so what I don't do on this trip I can plan for the next.

Does VIA use the LRC and Renaissance consists interchangeably, or do they get assigned consistently to particular routes and trains?

#304111  by hsr_fan

Well, as it turns out, I didn't have time to make any trips on VIA. I was limited on time, and decided to see as much of Montreal as I could. Also, after a 12 hour ordeal on Amtrak, I didn't really feel like spending more time sitting on a train, even if it was a fast one!

So, next time I think I'll drive, and then take a trip on VIA while I'm up there.

#304130  by Ken V

It's too bad you didn't have a chance to ride a VIA train this time around and, after your ordeal on the Adirondak, it's understandable. For future reference, VIA uses LRC, Renaissance, or Budd equipment on specific trains and routes fairly consistently, but unusual consists show up sometimes.