Railroad Forums 

• The VRE V31?

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#792025  by Guilford Guy9887

Hi all, i live in biddeford maine and im about 100 ft from pan am's tracks with a perfect view. today i saw an oddball. VRE's v31. is it going to waterville for repairs? if so why so far away from its home tracks?
 #792048  by Noel Weaver

Most likely the job was put to bid and Guilford was the low bidder for the work. They have also done work for the MBTA and
maybe others too.
Noel Weaver
 #792060  by sery2831

The unit is more than likely going to Derby Shop on the MMA. They have a F40 rebuild program, but they also scrap them and send the parts to Poland. This unit could be getting work, or it has been sold. The work being done on the MBTA units is a way Guilford can pay back the MBTA money owed by doing services. Guilford has too much going on to bid for contract work.
 #792080  by MEC407

Correct, it's headed for MMA.
 #794128  by KSmitty

It should be through downtown Winthrop ME. in just a few minutes.