Railroad Forums 

• THE ULTIMATE NYA INDUSTRIES MAP

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1558884  by Teutobergerwald

NYA served customers at the Greenlawn and St. James team tracks, and the lumber yard in Port Jefferson until 2010-2011, I believe.
 #1559050  by freightguy

You had Ideal Steel( cell phone towers) at St James team. Velvet top( ice melt) in Greenlawn double ended freight. Nassau Suffolk lumber took boxcars at their Port Jeff yard facility in the American Dream siding. Kleet I believe got some sort of grant to keep their switch I believe at Park Ave in Huntington/Greenlawn. I believe they take their plate C/F boxcars at the the Brookhaven Rail Terminal though just flats up on the Port Jeff.
 #1559268  by DaveBarraza

freightguy wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:27 pm You had Ideal Steel( cell phone towers) at St James team. Velvet top( ice melt) in Greenlawn double ended freight. Nassau Suffolk lumber took boxcars at their Port Jeff yard facility in the American Dream siding. Kleet I believe got some sort of grant to keep their switch I believe at Park Ave in Huntington/Greenlawn. I believe they take their plate C/F boxcars at the the Brookhaven Rail Terminal though just flats up on the Port Jeff.
Thanks!!
 #1559275  by Teutobergerwald

I see both boxcars as well as centerbeam & bulkhead flatcars at Kleet in Huntington. Don't think Riverhead Building Supply takes deliveries by rail at their Huntington site, just west of Kleet. Also, haven't seen anything spotted on the Huntington team track since that cut of four or five tankcars that was there for a while some years ago.
 #1560760  by freightguy

Yes, a customer in there took reefers maybe until early 2000's. Mid-Island produce. No plastic cars were placed in there they(Inland) must've had left by then.
 #1560971  by rb

I do remember seeing tanks (not covered hoppers) at Ruco, but not sure what year that stopped.
 #1560982  by freightguy

That was right around the same time maybe even a bit earlier like 2001 or so. The Ruco siding did have covered hoppers in it during the Long Island days. I think both sidings are completely ripped out now with only the LIPA(Lilco) electric lock which LIRR uses to store MofW cars in. Not freight movements there either but NYA put cars in all three at one point Lilco, Inland, and Ruco polymer.
 #1581829  by rscott417

I was looking around this map and then using bing maps for the birds eye view for comparison. I noticed on bing maps at the Grand Ave terminal/transload tracks in Queens theres a string of 5 tank cars and a truck backed up to boxcar. Does anyone know who these customers might be and what they're commodities are?