Railroad Forums 

• The Railroad Press- Article on NYAR

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #124753  by badneighbor

I was just in the Borders by me, while the kids were at soccer practice, hit the magazine racks to see if a new TRAINS is out yet. June is out. Anyway, this other magazine was there I have never noticed before, called THE RAILROAD PRESS. In this edition there is a large feature on the NYAR, with its operations described. Nice article and photos, by William Skeats. This edition also features a look at current and past operations in and around New York City, with PRR, EL, NYC, among others, featured in color shots.

#124799  by mainline

Bad Neighbor thanks for the kind words regarding my article in TRP. I also have to thank the employees of the New York & Atlantic for their help in making the article possible. Especially Joel T., Don C., Alex R., Ken R., Jay E., Tom C., and Jason(JayJay). Also the many other employees that I have run into since startup. Unfortunately some are still on the NYAR and others that have moved onto other rails.