Railroad Forums 

• The Quebec-Gatineau Railway

• A general discussion about shortlines, industrials, and military railroads
A general discussion about shortlines, industrials, and military railroads

Moderator: Aa3rt

#520572  by Sylvain727

:-) Do you know the Quebec-Gatineau Railway ?

This railroad company was a subsidiary of Genesee & Wyoming Canada.

The Quebec-Gatineau Railway was created in november 1997 to operate his operations on the ex-Canadian Pacific Railway track from Montreal to Quebec City to the east through the town of Trois-Rivieres on the North Shore of the St. Lawrence River and spur to Shawinigan,Joliette,St-Jerome, and another ex-Canadian Pacific Railway track from Montreal to Gatineau to the Canada's nation capital Ottawa.

Here's the Quebec-Gatineau Railway website. http://www.gwrr.com

#522442  by kinlock

Saw them working in heavy snows on industrial trackage around St-Jerome. They go all the way thru the town to serve some industrial tracks the other side of the AutoRoute.

They even have a spreader based in St-Jerome for handling the snow.

#582144  by ScepticOne

The QGRY starts a run at 20:15 every night from where I live in Ste. Therese. Tonight Engine #3105 was lead Engine. They usually wait and idle for about 15 Mins right by My House and I usually get up close (about 15') just to listen and feel the Power. (Does that make me a RailFan?? (LOL) :-D
 #594668  by lowerarchy

Anyone know where they QGR starts from the Montreal end? They used to have a yard in Outremont and I suspect they now come out of St Luc yard but I have yet to see a train. Any ideas?
 #594738  by atsf sp

Heres a pic of SW1500 1500 for the Q-C. It was sitting in a small yard in Quebec, just to the right of the station. It and the cars on it were the only things there.
QG 1500.jpg
 #595962  by ScepticOne

Here's a bunch of their Locos at the yard in My area. Sorry for the bad pic but all I had was my cell. There were at least a dozen hanging around or shunting.