Railroad Forums 

• The PROPOSED ALCO C650

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#1548347  by RRATSTJ.

All,

I am seeking A copy of The Brochure on ALCO's Proposed C650 , I have lost my copy of this Brochure due to several moves Eastward. Is there anyone who is willing to assist me ? if so please email me off list. Thank You

RRATSTJ
 #1549406  by mtuandrew

RRATSTJ. wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:52 pm All,

I am seeking A copy of The Brochure on ALCO's Proposed C650 , I have lost my copy of this Brochure due to several moves Eastward. Is there anyone who is willing to assist me ? if so please email me off list. Thank You

RRATSTJ
I didn’t realize there was such a thing proposed, but there’s discussion of a C650 in this Trains thread: http://cs.trains.com/trn/f/741/t/220181.aspx Perhaps one of the posters there has a copy of the brochure or at least spec sheet you mention.

It also mentions a C860 and a C436 - what could have been, eh?
 #1549776  by Allen Hazen

Totally off-topic, irrelevant, tangential, and a-historical reminiscence:
Back when Steinbrenner's Also book first came out, someone posted to (an ancestor of) this forum about it, with the title "Alco Centennial": I immediately started imagining a C872, a double diesel that could have been offered had Alco lasted another year or two, with a wide nose like that proposed on Alco's proposal for a C636 cowl unit for the Santa Fe and a long hood with all the ups and downs of two C636 hoods....
(The DH650, or whatever it's model designation officially was, was actually proposed: I think there is a short description in Steinbrenner.)