Railroad Forums 

• The number you have reached... (B&M Police)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#236675  by SPACEMONKEY

If you call the (old) railroad police 1-800-955-9217 they dont answer anymore or they are just out to lunch 24 hours a day 7 days a week!! hahaha..... it's just so pathetic in 2006 t0 be saying "maybe they wern't needed after all".

#236803  by MEC407

Strange. They used to have a voicemail system but maybe they pulled the plug on that too...?
 #237027  by SPACEMONKEY

There is an answering machine- but no voice mail, I do remember they had voice mail a while back, and to return to an answering machine system, well it's possible that was a bit too advanced.
 #237374  by wintrain

I tried the 9217 after getting it off one of the orange tresspass stickers to report coal spilling out of a passing hopper on the 14th. Twice it kept ringing, no answer. I see a different emergency 800 number posted on the Pan Am Home Page.

#237436  by MEC407

The web site says "In Case of Emergency contact Operations Center at 800-955-9208" -- but as wintrain noted, that's not the number printed on the thousands of little orange signs all over the railroad.

#238923  by cpf354

MEC407 wrote:The web site says "In Case of Emergency contact Operations Center at 800-955-9208" -- but as wintrain noted, that's not the number printed on the thousands of little orange signs all over the railroad.
Was out at E.Portal last week. The orange signs are pasted onto every stationary object in sight. However when I got there, a family was exploring the Portal. They left, and then a few minutes later another couple with a small child pulled up and parked, explored the portal, then hung about the grade crossing when they heard a train coming. It's obvious that no one, locally, is concerned about the No Trespassing signs being enforced. I noticed also that I couldn't have called the number since there was no cell phone service.