Railroad Forums 

• The Next Grain Train

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

#519316  by SimTrains

Well, the date had been pushed back and pushed back for the past month but the official word is that the next grain train will be arriving this Friday, April 4th. The date kept being pushed back so I was reluctant to post anything on them, as it changed every time we would ask, but April 4th is what they have been sticking to for a few weeks now. As of tonight (with 1 week to go) nothing is in the lineup from CSX. Keep an eye out here and I will post info if and when it becomes available!

#519369  by BR&P

On my calendar THIS Friday is March 28th. April 4th is NEXT Friday, or Friday of next week if you wish.

#521097  by SimTrains

Well, forget Friday, we got word today that it will be here tonight!!! 4/1/08...no this is not an April fools joke. Unloading will start sometime in the late late or early hours tonight and will go through tomorrow 4/2

#521271  by AJ1804

They Came through early this morning about 4am sim trains please keep us updated on when they are running wouldnt it be nice to put a railcam in that area so we can see them bring the train in :-D

AJ

#521274  by pablo

Time magazine had an article last week (well, OK, a cover story) about how ethanol produced by corn is the devil. Or close to it.

Are there capabilities at the refinery up there to use other materials to make ethanol, or is it corn only?

Dave Becker

#521292  by med-train

It is corn only right now; however, I have heard that management is watching the development of cellulosic (the other stuff) ethanol very closely and do anticipate adapting for it as soon as it is ready. Researchers are still working on mass producing a new enzyme for the process. They are trying to develop the right enzyme to react with cellulose to produce ethanol.

#521373  by SimTrains

As of 3pm today we had most of the train unloaded, the power was CSX 9042 & 8867. Things went real smooth, I got the call last night at 11:30 to report to Lockport at 2:30. We picked the train up from CSX at 3am, and were on our way by 3:15. Unloading was a bit sluggish as the plant really wasn't prepared for the train. All in all it was a fine day, but I am looking forward to getting to bed early tonight.

#521550  by WNYP431

Mmm-Hmm. You beat it for the cab like Oprah on a baked Ham!

Isn't unloading that monster FUN?!

Don't worry, we cleaned up your mess this evening, buddy.

...and remember....Thomas is comin'......