Railroad Forums 

• The Main/Bergen/Port Jervis Line Thread

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1577587  by n01jd1

NS 5633 is on H-55 headed for Bay State Milling at Waldwick, NJ 4/12/2021
 #1577589  by n01jd1

NJT 4506 is on Train 1207 smoking like a WW2 destroyer at Waldwick, NJ 4/12/2021. I thought these things were supposed to be "environmentally friendly".
 #1581938  by Pensyfan19

I hereby declare the New Port Jervis P̶l̶a̶t̶f̶o̶r̶m̶ Station, open!

https://www.progressiverailroading.com/ ... ion--64820
New York Gov. Kathy Hochul yesterday announced the completion of a project that transformed the MTA Metro-North Railroad Port Jervis Station in Port Jervis, New York.

The top-to-bottom transformation at the West of Hudson terminus station included the construction of a one-car length high-level platform, a concrete ramp leading from the parking lot to the platform and a new sidewalk, according to a Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) press release.

Improvements were also made to the existing parking lot to allow easier access onto the platform. The platform canopy was remodeled with a modern wooden ceiling and with sleek station signage. Other upgrades include new benches with USB ports, new LCD kiosk and security cameras to enhance safety at the station.
Here is a full view of the new station, but I think the platform is a bit shorter than the existing station, but still a visual improvement nonetheless. How about restoring to the true Port Jervis Station?