Railroad Forums 

• The Italian way of railcars

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

#1478705  by Benny

NorthWest wrote:Oh yes, Pesa, The company was nationalized in the last month or so after having issues with a German order.
The new has been confirmed by a friend Inside FS. It has been bought by the polish state because it is nearly bankruptcy and no private entities were so fool to buy it.

Ciao :wink:
 #1482253  by Benny

Why it's not a surprise to me? :-D

#1544358  by Benny

From a my friend inside Trenitalia:
It seems that again-state-owned Pesa terminated spare parts production.
Until now there are two trainsets being cannibalized.
Excellent value!

#1544459  by Motorman

NorthWest wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:02 pm Wow. Less than two years old, and no parts support.

Seems like they're just ripping up all the contracts.
Is that new? I remember, that the "well known" USLRVs, made by Boeing, were cannibalized even when new. :wink:
And how long did it take until the first BREDA-LRVs in San Francisco were cannibalized?
 #1544460  by David Benton

Seems the new way is to order extra whole units, instead of spare parts.
I know thats how it works with deep cycle lead acid batteries nowadays , they calculate around 5 % will fail under warranty, so the manufacturer supplies 5% extra batteries with every order. Cheaper than returning hazardous goods to the manufacturer.
Only trouble is it makes the local supplier reluctant to cover warranties , if they can deny the claim , that 5 % is extra profit.
 #1544493  by Benny

I'm only an old stupid but but it seems me a very bad manner to manage business, both from sellers and from the buyers that finally manage public funds.

#1560011  by Gilbert B Norman

While away from the , to my surprise, the ever-expanding OBB Night Jet system, the FS has Sleeping Car service on their Milano-Palermo train, which includes a ferry ride across the twelve mile Strait of Messina.

No showers, apparently no on-board Food & Beverage, seems a bit "primitive"; definitely too long a journey to do without some "vino". Much too long for Dino Crocetti and his "Rat Pack" pals to do without: