Railroad Forums 

• The Iceman Cometh

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#1237477  by Gilbert B Norman

Mr. Carl Ice is set to become BNSF's CEO on New Year's Day:

http://www.bnsf.com/media/news-releases ... -11-a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brief passage:

• BNSF Railway today announced that President and Chief Operating Officer Carl Ice will become President and Chief Executive Officer on Jan. 1, 2014. Matthew K. Rose, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, will assume the role of Executive Chairman.

Ice has been with BNSF for 34 years, most recently serving as President since November 2010. In 1995, he led a team that orchestrated the merger and subsequent integration of Burlington Northern Railroad and Santa Fe Railway. Since then, he has helped lead the company and culture into what it is today. Ice has been integral to the development of the company’s operating and marketing plans.
I have met Mr. Ice; he was a Board Member (while he was with AT&SF) at a Child Welfare Agency that was a client of mine until I retired from practice as a CPA during 2003. I have conversed with Mr. Ice regarding Agency affairs. Other than mentioning that I was ex-Milwaukee, no fantalk; simply not the time and place.

I can also recall playing Cashier at an Art Auction benefit for same agency; as I recall, Mr. Ice paid for his artwork with a basic Green American Express. In a setting where quite a number were 'ponying up' with the likes of Platinum and even Onyx (Centurion; by invitation only) cards, Mr. Ice's conservatism favorably stood out to me. I wish him well while he is at the throttle.

Could Matt be in line to succeed Warren?