Railroad Forums 

• The former P&W U18B soon to be scrapped.

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#1207743  by johnnyloco

While I haven't heard a definite 100% confirmation, it sure looks like the former 1801 (still in P&W livery) is going to be scrapped. The unit was purchased by the Southern Railroad of New Jersey about 10 years ago and is now on their 'death track' in Winslow, NJ. A damaged turbocharger is one problem I have heard about.
NFI

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=3597107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John D.
 #1207782  by DutchRailnut

from all parts missing , I would say the turbo charger is least of problem.
 #1207984  by MEC407

That's a shame. I always kind of wondered why SRNJ bought it in the first place. It doesn't seem like they used it very much before they parked it.

I guess South Carolina is the only place left on the planet where one can see operable domestic-style U18Bs in action. :-\