• The Final Active Ex-New Haven Employees

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by CVRA7

Last week, "Big Frank" Grady retired from Amtrak, from the Amtrak clerk's roster. He was number 1, starting on the New Haven RR in Nov 1967.
He was the last former NHRR employee on the Amtrak clerk's roster on the former New Haven division. There is one more employee left with a pre-1969 clerk's seniority date, working on the east end. There may be a few left on Metro North or on the MBTA as well.
  by Noel Weaver

Last I knew there were at least a couple of New Haven engineers still working, one for Amtrak and one for Metro-North.
Of course this was a couple of months ago now. Of course these folks are past retirement age but they just choose to
continue on.
Noel Weaver
  by HighlandRail&DEY-7 652

There's still a few ex NH employees in T&E service on Amtrak. I can think of 4 off the top of my head without trying to hard.
  by CVRA7

The new Amtrak clerk's roster just came out and now the "oldest" employee has a seniority date of 24 January 1972, PC era.
The ex New Haven Railroad employees are now all retired in that craft to the best of my knowledge. I know of one engineer who started on the NH as a signal station operator and that is it on the Hartford line.