Railroad Forums 

• The big ax just fell. Long distance to 3x/week.

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1565438  by Gilbert B Norman

IF this is the text of the reconciled Bill, which will be voted upon by the House tomorrow, and where some opponent could easily move for a roll call just to "drag it out", then there is a unified Bill that can be on its way to Joe, where you can be sure the "event planners" are hard at work.

If this be the case, then the Daily frequency provisions will be the law of the land.

I cannot find the provisions, one way or the other, within the material submitted by Mr. Markhb. Defer to anyone who can.
 #1565439  by lordsigma12345

Gilbert B Norman wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:18 pm IF this is the text of the reconciled Bill, which will be voted upon by the House tomorrow, and where some opponent could easily move for a roll call just to "drag it out", then there is a unified Bill that can be on its way to Joe, where you can be sure the "event planners" are hard at work.

If this be the case, then the Daily frequency provisions will be the law of the land.

I cannot find the provisions, one way or the other, within the material submitted by Mr. Markhb. Defer to anyone who can.
I think that’s the house version because the senate amendments added the extra $200 million for Amtrak. There should be a final amended copy when it gets signed I think on that site.
 #1565505  by markhb

The text version at the earlier link supplied by Mr. Norman now includes the Senate Engrossed Amendment as an option. As I predicted, the House is considering the Senate amendment today, under a rule that provides for 2 hours of speechifying followed by a vote on a motion to "concur" (i.e., to accept and pass the Senate version).
 #1565516  by Gilbert B Norman

The Senate Amendment has now passed the House 220-211. The Times reports (courtesy CSPAN) Joe will sign on Friday. Lest we forget, the President is not empowered to change anything. Should he veto, then I'd say Jan 6 will be a Sunday School picnic.

Daily frequencies will be restored.