Railroad Forums 

• The Bay Ridge Branch is a Winter Wonderland!

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #91819  by BMT

Just thought I'd pop the question guys: so when are ya gonna plow the Bay Ridge? Or are ya gonna just let Mother Nature do the work and wait for the thaw in April? :wink:

#92271  by BMT

OK...so I was being a wiseguy. :-D About an hour after I made my initial post, the RS-100 came SLOOOOOWLY down the Bay Ridge with a train of 10 or so cars. I could see the snow being blown off the side of the ROW as the lead engine when down the line.

#92640  by rb

We need photos! How much snow fell in NY? We have gotten over three feet here in Boston, my second home, this week...

#92783  by badneighbor

18-24" more the further east you go.

#92785  by badneighbor

Is Cross Harbor able to operate with the ice in the harbor?

#93366  by BMT

[Is Cross Harbor able to operate with the ice in the harbor?]

What?! They can barely operatre with water in the harbor!LOL! :-D
 #96097  by Mr rt

Stopped by NYCH Sunday (Feb 6th).
- Float was attached to a barge, so it was floating <GRIN>
- Just a few cars in their yard
- Just some cars being stored in NY&Atl yard (65th)