Railroad Forums 

• TeamRewards site woefully incomplete?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#2952  by Proxy

I went here and saw that there werent any job listings for Chicago. This cant possibly be accurate can it? I havent tried the phone number listed, but I dont hold much promise out for that.

Im just looking for a job to do for six months or so to make a little money. I have a bachelor's degree and my father was an engineer at Amtrak so I thought Id check it out. Surely a large company like this has more than 27 job openings nation-wide.

#3000  by P42DC

I think the teamrewards site is probably fairly accurate.. I've seen it over time be very dynamic, with jobs popping up in all cities, varying in number and frequency. I could be mistaken, however.

I'm in a similar situation as you, however, and attempted to use the site to submit a resume-- I always get a "we could not complete your transaction--try again later" message. So it's inadequate in that you have to catch jobs early and try to figure out what HR office to mail your resume to.

So far, I haven't had much luck, so if anyone has any advice, let me know!