Railroad Forums 

• Taunton, MA 1/29, around 5 pm

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#93044  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

something came through Taunton today around 5 pm, it was coming from the direction of the Myles Industrial park and heading towards Weir Junction/middleboro direction. What was this train, did anyone see it?

#93403  by CSX Conductor

It must have been B927-29. There was an extra that ran from Middleboro to Braintree and then down to either Fall River or New Bedford.

It was supposed to run today as well, but not sure where it went.

This was done to try to catch up from last week's blizzard. :wink:

#95072  by Ken W2KB

'Fall River' Is that the track that goes east from New Bedford? Does the active section extend all the way into Fall River, or just close.

Some time in the spring I will probalby fly from here in NJ to Newport State Airport, have lunch, and then do some sightseeing before returning. I was planning on following the railline north and thence to Tiverton and Fall River. Then west to New Bedford.

#95144  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

just local's work the line, a few days a week im not really sure CSX would know

#95192  by CSX Conductor

Ken W2KB wrote: Does the active section extend all the way into Fall River, or just close
The line terminates at the waterfront under the I-195 bridge. Just follow signs for Battleship Cove........the tracks are right nearby.
 #95474  by GP40MC1118

Say CSX Conductor...was there another weekend extra down to Fall River
or New Bedford today? A friend in North Dartmouth reports hearing
whistles...

D

#95518  by CSX Conductor

Yeah, I saw in the comuter that there were 2 extras out of Middleboro, one probably went to Dartmouth and the other up to Braintree. The third was something out of Readville....probably to rte128 industrial park or Framingham.