Railroad Forums 

• Tampa Fl, how many directions?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#155134  by Robert Paniagua

I agree Charlie, 70 or even 55 degrees, which would be perfect working conditions for operating a train of that magnitude (especially that engineers need to wear long pants, no shorts allowed).

#155666  by roadster

Nips weather descriptions were absolutely correct. The only thing I will say about the heat and humidity between up here and down there is in Florida there was always a breeze blowing either on shore or off. Up here, there is little to no breeze blowing and the air gets terribly stagnate. Still it's nice to be back home, and workin. As far a crews are concerned. I noticed that the Florida transportation employees don't have the 30 day seniority move agreement that we do. They can make seniority moves as often as they please. Half of the available crews were displaced and would wait a day or two before making their own move which causes the shortages, along with the seasonal vacations. We are also experiencing crew shortages up here and trains are being delayed by lack of rested available crews, yet Crew managment is asking for transfers down there, not up here. Hirings are taking place.