Railroad Forums 

• Taking pictures on NYA

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #365005  by AmtrakPhill629

This week I want to take some pictures of NYA frieght trains is there a schedule?

#365754  by SOO4601

I wish there was a schedule for the same reasons, but I think the NY&A just runs their trains when the LIRR isn't; but I could be wrong. I'm alwasy running around with my video camera at different times during the day to try and see something coming through, but so far I've had bad luck. :wink: But I think a few people on this forum actually work on the NYA, and they can tell you.

Dietrich :-)

#366163  by AmtrakPhill629

I saw 271 and four frieght cars with 270 in the back yesterday at Mineola at 1:08 271 looks great with the new paint and that horn sounds nice just wish someone had left the GG1 horn on it.

#366170  by SOO4601

Thats interesting, I saw 271 and 270 on a freight train in Northport today, with 4 lumber cars and 6 gondolas, where those freight cars lumber cars by any chance? (That's in the NYA sightings thread)

I agree that 271 looks great in the new paint, and the horn is very cool, I got it on video tape which I hope I can figure out how to upload online.

Dietrich

#366175  by AmtrakPhill629

I think one car was