• Surviving Structures

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

by Tamping Pick

Anyone have info on buildings that were LV's.
Off the top of my head I can name a few.
Roundhouses,Manchester,and Coxton.
Stations, Sayre,Bethelem,Noxen,Mcadoo,West Penn Twp.,Minersville??,Towanda(Dushore Branch),Mehoopany, any others?
Towers???
And 1 Warehouse,Leighton,always mistaken for a shop building.
PICK

by Ken W2KB

Pittstown, NJ station still there, but in poor condition.

Clinton, NJ freight station, part of a building supply co. now.

Flemington, NJ freight station, part of the Agway there.

East 22nd street Bayonne freight station; used by a business of some sort.

Easton, PA station

by Tamping Pick

Thanks Ken for the NJ end of things. Doesn't NK tower still stand??
PICK

by 56-57

The freight station in lehigh gap, just by the Rt. 873 Bridge is still there, barely. And the acetylene gas plant, air brake shop and two pumphouses (without pumps) still remain in Lehighton. Sorry, no offices full of timetables and official guides.

Mike

by Ken W2KB

Unfortunately NK was demolished a year or so ago. Operation of the interlocking was remoted to the main dispatch center.

by kb0lvz

The passenger depot in Williamsville NY is still standing and is currently being restored

by scottychaos

Here is a list of other surviving stuff..
I will add the new ones from this thread!

http://www.frontiernet.net/~scottychaos ... other.html

by Otto Vondrak

Let's not forget- the Rochester, NY terminal on the corner of South Ave and Court Street... now the home of Dinosaur BBQ... great barbecue AND in a train station... what more could you want?

http://ny.existingstations.com/archive/293.jpg

-otto-

by Schuylkill Valley

Hey Pick,
I thought Minersville was ex. RDG ?

now back to LV. Packerton Shops

Len.

by 56-57

What about 'em? :wink:

Mike

by Tamping Pick

Lenny, not the RDG building!
The old Peoples Railway(predecessor LV) one next to the gas station,near the "Vets"??
This building was mentioned in the old threads. Not sure if it's for real, but the building still stands, very small. PICK

by Tamping Pick

Len, what about Packerton??
Shops at Packerton were ALL open air,hence the concrete roadways in the vicinity of the warehouse. There are pictures of the interior of this building in a book at Luzerne County Community College, reference only. Had barrel lifts and slides. Also had elevators. This building was used for LCL to Hazleton Branch customers.Interesting note, LV used to hide ther BIG HOOK behind this building. Could never of been used as a shop,as the floor for this building is 4 feet off the ground.
PICK

by Ken W2KB

Above I mentioned the Flemington freight station used by Agway. The local paper had an article the other day about Agway's plan to construct a much larger store. That may or may not impact the station depending on where the new building is to be sited.

by Coalshovel

I posted in the old forum about my home in Romulus on the east shore of Seneca Lake. Although I don't have concrete proof that it was a pumphouse for the LV, the LV did own it in 1930, but the abstract doesn't go back any further. Ovid Pete did recollect seeing some info in Harrisburg about a pumphouse on Seneca Lake in Romulus. He mentioned a 14 inch pipe that went out into the lake 360' and that it was about a mile from the track at Reeders. The pipe is still there and runs to the bottom of a brick lined well under the house. It is about a mile from the tracks. I continue to try to find mention of it in forums and old maps and books but haven't found much yet. I plan to take a walk up to the site that was called Reeders (I believe it was a siding). I'm guessing it was built when they put in the line along the lake. If anyone has any info or questions, please let me know.

by Tamping Pick

GEEPERS,
Forgot about the COMBO station at Mount Cramel,Pa.
Shared by LV/PRR.
Looking pretty sad.
PICK