Railroad Forums 

• Surviving ex-BAR BL-2's?

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#345014  by douellet

The last I read was that the 54 was down on a tourist line in PA and the 557 (57) can be seen at the Cole Land Transportation Museum in the Bangor area.

#361006  by tim5405

Bl-2 #54 is still alive and runing in northeast pa, in the tri-color paint (the only bl-2 to get that paint job) the website for the line she run for is www.waynecountycc.com, I am from the area and get to see her run most of the time they take her out and she looks and sounds great

#384838  by Turbo231

Sorry for the late post.

Yes, the 557 (57) is permanently stored at the Cole Land Transportation Museum in Bangor. She has been drained of all fluids, the generator appears to be missing a couple pieces, the front coupler was swapped out for another BL2 in PA which was cracked, and she is without traction motors.

Ben
Technical Assistant
Cole Land Transportation Museum

FYI, if you need any information on this unit, just let me know, I'll try to help.